How can I get my 5 year old to eat!?!?!

My daughter is 5 and meal times are HELL!!... She doesn't eat! I've run out of ideas to get her to eat. First I took away all junk food. I bribed her. I took things away. I put her in time out. I cut out all snack times. I don't know what to do next she will not eat at home. If we go out to eat or eat at someone else's house she'll eat in fact she'll even cry she's hungry but she will not eat at home.!!

Help I don't know what else to do to make her eat!

This has been going on since she was 2!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Do not go eat at anyone else's house tell your get this under control first. Put a plate of food in front of her. Do not give her any liquid but water. Some kids fill up on liquids, like kool aid, soda.  If she will not eat. Just wait tell the next meal. No snacks no eating out. If you have to eat out, bring her food from home.

Answer by louise2 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I say if she does not want to eat. Then say fine but this is what you get when you are hungry and save her meal for later. Our oldest does that too. She likes to wait till later when it is snack time. Even if it is crackers she would rather eat that at times. I will rehear her food for her(unless I know it is something she does not like. She is not a meat eater like us) So then I will give her crackers and some sort of fuirt and milk and veggies at time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I agree with the PP. Have her eat only what you make... what eveyone else is eating and she only drinks water. And don't go out to eat or to others houses until you get this worked out. She will soon realize that you mean business if you give her only what eveyone else gets and don't give in to her cries of not wanting to eat or not liking it. Eventually she will be hungry and she will eat. Good Luck!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Have you talked to your ped?
    Have you tried not even asking her to the dinner table? Send her to her
    room to read... then asking her if she is ready to eat what YOU put on her plate?
    Don't fight with her... simply put her back in her room and continue to ask...
    Snacks should only be a glass of water or juice...
    When you go out to eat... order her a smaller version of what YOU are having and that is
    all she gets.. if she causes a seen, take her home and let the rest of the family enjoy their
    meal and you do a carry out...
    At others home, don't let her have her way... she eats what YOU put on her plate... she eats
    when YOU tell her too... NO snacking at anothers home, no treats.... nothing... if you have to
    keep her right next to you to assure she isn't sneaking...
    Explain to her why you are doing this... that SHE needs to eat at home all the time before
    she is going to be allowed to eat what SHE wants else where
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:38 AM on Dec. 23, 2009