I'm getting our lab puppy tomorrow!!

Any suggestions for training?!? I am so excited I feel like a little child waiting for Santa!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pets

• We're getting a puppy tomorrow too! I'm nervous.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• me too :) I haven't had a pup in a long time! I can't wait until our LO see's him! She's been wanting one for a year now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Check your local animal shelter, some offer classes at a cheaper price.
    Anonymous

• I believe in the clicker training method. But whichever method you choose i highly recommend that you observe each training school in a class before signing up. I would also recommmend that you crate train the pup.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My parents just adopted the most adorable little mutt ever! (Mastiff/Rottie/Pitbull/Dalmation) one crazy mix huh? Anyway, they crate train all of their dogs and socialise them really well. It's very important to have a well socialised dog!

Anonymous

• We use the crate to help train our puppies. So far it has worked with all of them. The only dog we have not crate trained is the new great dane (she is huge) I refuse to pay a couple hundred dollars for one. The main trick is to take them out often and shortly after they eat. Buy lots of chew toys! Good Luck!
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 10:53 AM on Dec. 23, 2009