My nephew is bringing his boyfriend to my house on xmas, so what should I get him??

I hear he is very picky, do you think a hat and scarf is fine???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Holidays

• how kind of you to think about getting him a gift! For someone you don't know all that well, a gift card is always nice! a scarf and/or hat is a nice gesture, but what if he already has a ton or doesnt like the color? Of course putting that comment aside, it's the thought that counts in the end, and i'm sure if he's a decent guy, he'll thank you for your kind gesture no matter what the gift is :o). My mom has only met SO a handful of times since she lives far away, and she got him a home depot gift certificate! Perfect timing because he's been working on our shed!! You can always call and ask your nephew what he's into! If he likes a certain restaraunt or store, get a certificate for that place. Or if he's been talking about how "he could really use a new hat", that's your cue to make one or buy him a new one!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I would get them a gift card to a decent restaurant or the movies.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 12:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I second the gift card idea, they are always good gifts! :)
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Gift cards are always good. You might be able to take your nephew shopping with you to get the BF something if you want him to have a gift and not a gift card.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Godiva chocolate?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• No matter how picky he is, if he was properly raised, he will be grateful for any gift you choose to get him. You are not obligated to get him any gift at all and he should appreciate the gesture.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous, I get what your saying, and I am sure he will.

I would like to get something they would enjoy, not regift, or not like. Just me wondering, what I could get him. Thank you.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I think a "date night" gift card to a restaurant or the movies would be perfect. It's very thoughtful of you to include him in the gifts!
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 12:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Do you mean...friend who is a boy or actual boyfriend? You don't mention ages so it's hard to fully say...
    Anonymous

• Ask your nephew what the boy likes. You don't want to get him a hat and scarf if he doesn't wear them ya know...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2009