What are some of your favorite Road Trip meals and snacks?

Where: Michigan to Arizona (5,000 miles round trip)
Who: Three (possibly four) adults and two children.
Kids will be 1 year and 6-7 months at the time of trip.

I have quite a list of snacks that will serve us well on the trip, but only a couple of meal ideas. Which would consist of Soups, Sandwiches, and Cold Pasta Salad. I am looking to eliminate unnecessary stops and conience store snacks. With this being a 3.5-4 day trip (one way), I'm looking for meals that won't bloat, create drowsiness, and any other symptom resulting in an early stop. The more miles we cover in one day, the shorter our trip will be.

Do you ladies have any favorite road trip meals and snacks? Especially ideas for young kids ( 1 year and 6-7 months).

I've googled as much as my little brain can read, so I'm seeking out your help on this one. Thank You!!!!

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 12:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Travel

• We usually just bring a cooler and lunch meat and bread for lunchs. And nuts and chips for snacks.
    Just remember do not let the kids drink a lot. Or you will be stoping every hour to use the bathroom.
    We would not let our DD's drink tell we stoped to get gas and us the bathroom. Then it was just a little liquid. Not like a whole soda.

Answer by louise2 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Pitas! Light and delicious. You can fill them with whatever you want so everyone will be happy.
    Granola bars, veggies and dip etc...

As far as the little ones go, dry cheerios, baby mum mums, bananas...unless they're picky eaters they should be pretty easy to please. If they're anything like my kids then cheerios could satisfy them at every meal, lol!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2009