I just took a prgancy test and it says I am. I got a tubbial ligastion in Sep. so how can this be? I am 3 weeks late..

Basgans

Asked by Basgans at 12:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh wow, congrats! guess it was meant to be right? I've heard that some women get pregnant after a tubal ligation.. rare, but I've heard of it.
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My doctor said there is a 1% chance of getting pregnant. After a tuballigation.

Answer by louise2 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It's a very slim chance, but there is still that very small chance of getting pregnant, even after that. I would get to the dr soon, though, b/c it could be a tubal pregnancy, which could be very dangerous. Congrats, though!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• maybe they didnt do it right. those lil eggs can escaped. look at it this way. it was meant to be that baby did something imposible to be concieved!! good luck
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Tubal Ligation is a very effective form of BIRTH CONTROL, but is not 100% effective... you can still get pregnant, about 1 in every 400 surgeries fail, resulting in pregnancy.

it is also likely that it will result in an Ectopic Pregnancy, which can be life threatening. best you get checked out sooner rather than later, if you are 3 weeks late then you are about 7 weeks pregnant- make an appointment.

YES, you CAN get pregnant after a Tubal Ligation.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I know someone that happened to . Her daughter is like 15 now. It happens. I hope you make the right choice for you. It is your body and you decide.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Go to the doctor, or take another test and see if it's positive again...
    TBSNBubblegum

Answer by TBSNBubblegum at 1:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• yeah I'd see a dr and make sure it's not a false positive

Answer by admckenzie at 2:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I have took 2 test both pos. I have a Dr. appt on Jan 4. I am sick like I was with the other's if I am I will be upset but I will love it all the same it was made out of love.
    Basgans

Answer by Basgans at 4:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• yeah as far as i know that isn't a 100% thing, but essure is if you want to try that after this pregnancy :)
    Anonymous