Spin-off from the "many paths" question

Why would an all-knowing God care what path you take to get to him, as long as the path wasn't malevolent?

nysa00

Asked by nysa00 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that God knows deep down our thoughts and intentions and, well, everything. I don't believe which path one takes matters, but I do think he cares, in that he cares what we do as a general statement.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Religion wasn't created by god. Religion was created by man as a way to try to quantify god. God is a unifying force, religion is a divisive force. Of course god doesn't 'care' what religion a person is. Living a life of love is what matters. Putting good out in the world, through both thought and deed is what matters.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 12:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I think that this is something that is between god and the one seeking a way to him. I mean there are some people who live in places where there aren't any religions at all, and those people somehow just know that there is a god some place and from there believe and worship, so if they don't hear about the so-called only way to heaven or whatever, makes no sense that those people won't get there, because their worship and devotion to god would be out of a pure heart and pure intent. That's why I believe there is more than one way to god.
    Jewelzgirl

Answer by Jewelzgirl at 12:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Well, I like this question. I believe in an all-knowing God, but my God has never received worship of another god as misguided yet sincere worship of Him.

On the other hand, I believe that He reveals Himself to anyone who wants to worship Him. There are tribes in the jungles of South America who have been worshiping Him, without anyone ever telling them about Him. Then when the missionary comes, it is apparent that the people have been waiting for him all along. Even their legends reflect Christian theology. It is amazing.

Our God has revealed Himself to all peoples. And yet, He desires to be worshiped in spirit and in TRUTH.

But see I believe in the Tower of Babel. That EVERY culture has been exposed to the one true God and they have chosen either to follow Him or to forget Him.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• An amazing book that I would recommend is called "Bruchko" and it is about Bruce Olsen's journey to the Motilone indians in Colombia.

I think EVERYONE should read it, no matter what your beliefs are. It is mind blowing. This guy is still alive too.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I believe all gods are ONE GOD; all goddesses, ONE GODDESS...

So all paths lead to the same place, you just gotta find the one that's RIGHT for YOU.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I don't think "god" really cares what path one follows as long as they are a good person to themselves and others. Just about every religion and philosophy encourages being "good" !
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• He/She wouldnt...thats why I believe as I do.

The Divine knows us and loves us because of our heart and how we use that more than what church or religion we are a part of.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Why would an all-knowing God care what path you take to get to him, as long as the path wasn't malevolent?

Who has the authority to decide what ultimately is malevolent and an acceptable path to God? God himself, surely.
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 2:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I think it does not matter what path you take to god, the path i choose is what i feel is best for me and my family, i respect other religions because i realize that all religions have the same general message, being good doing right etc i dont think it matters if you are good you are good
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 2:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2009