Can this cause labor? maybe tmi

I know sex can cause labor...and I know this seems dumb to ask cause it's pretty much the same thing but can using a vibe cause you to go into labor too? Thanks ladies sorry for the stupid question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sex doenst induced labor, it helps a liitle. and know your vibe wont cuz you to go into labor. if your body sint ready to go into labor you wont go into labor
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I think the reason sex can help with labor is because the sperm has chemicals in it that soften your cervix to allow pregnancy to possibly start...even then, its not always the case... So, no a vibrator won't make you go into labor, lol.
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• yes c you are correct. semen contais a chemical that can help soften the cervix
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• You need SPERM to help labor along, not the physical act.
    Anonymous

• I dont necessarily agree with the above posters. Although I dont think there is any medical findings behind it, I think that you need the orgasm to start labor, not the sperm. The sperm helps soften your cervix which helps better prepare you for labor but the orgasm causes a contraction that can turn into more contractions, jump starting labor. IMO if sex can start labor, so can having an orgasm by yourself.

Never worked for me though... just makes me crampy
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• yes having an orgasm can cause contractions however if your cervix isnt ready and your body isnt ready it shuldnt do any harm, the sperm does have stuff in it that helps labor start mixed with the orgasm causing contractions
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 2:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I used a vibe when I was very far along, just on the outside of my vagina and after that I had cramping for days and spotting I was only around 7 weeks, I think it could possibly
    Anonymous

• It has more to do with the sperm then the sex I beleive.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2009