What's you opinion on Avon products or the business itself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Shopping

• I've compared what my cousin makes selling avon to what I make with Tupperware and it doesn't even compare. I make A LOT more. It's a cheap business to get started but honestly I don't know a lot of people still buying Avon. I know I don't just because nothing in the catalog is anything I really use or need. GOOD LUCK if you try out the business.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 12:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I really like a lot of Avon products, but I order them from the Avon website......
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I used to sell Avon and I quit because I honestly wasn't making any money doing it. Yes, it's cheap to start up - but do you know how many women out there are selling Avon? You have a ton of competition and it is really hard to break into. I love the products, but it is hard to sell it and make money.
    scarlett0720

Answer by scarlett0720 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I like the products and do buy them. I'm not interested in selling them, myself.

Answer by Bmat at 1:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I buy from my neighbor and she just started selling again, she already has a decent number of customers and seems to be doing okay on it. I hadnt bought from avon until recently because i just didnt have time to think about it, now i love the products and since i have been helping my neighbor set up her website (she isnt computer savy lol) I have gotten to see how it works and it is pretty decent compared to many other companies like this, her out of pocket has been so little and she seems happy selling it.

Reminds me i need to go pick up my order from her lol.
    Anonymous

• It is a good business if you have a good customer base. It is hard to get that, because everyone seems to have an avon rep anyways. It is a hard business to start in, it is way too easy to buy more than you sell and spend more than you make.

For people who order from the avon website - it is actually coming from an avon rep, they just don't realize it.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:52 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I used to sell it and though I had success as far as volume is concerned, the company just doesn't pay a sales commission that is worthwhile. Beyond that, I found that company support was lacking, and leadership in my territory was subpar. I quit the business after three years. I have since joined another direct sales company. The best thing I can say about selling Avon is it taught me what to look for when I was ready to consider another home-based business. I knew to look for businesses that offered 50% sales profit (so there would be wiggle room for discounts and enough profit to cover sales tools like samples and demo tools while still making a decent income.), a formal training program, local support from reps as dedicated to their businesses as me, and a company that backed up its sales force.

Luckily, I found exactly what I was looking for two years ago and have been quite happy with my decision!
    crazyt1020

Answer by crazyt1020 at 9:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I've just recently quit selling Avon. It's very time consuming and my time is more valuable. You make more money working part-time than you will selling Avon. Some of their products are timeless and nice to have around, i.e. skin so soft. If your are really wanting to sell then you need to find the right age group. Younger people aren't interested in Avon. There are so many make-up and perfume products on the market now that a younger generation would go that route. Good Luck with your decision!
    EdithCS

Answer by EdithCS at 9:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2009