pregnancy issues help please!

why dont anyone think theres something wrong here? im 34wks pregnant, having contractions every 5 min meds are only helping for an hour or so, im dialated to a 2. why dosent anyone seemed concerned but me? i already have one premie you think they would be concerned about another one. but no, i cant even get them to give me the shots for her lungs.

omg im gonna kill my doc and the hospital ugggggggghhhhhhh!

sry im going nuts
any advise?

ashleywilkerson

Asked by ashleywilkerson at 12:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was 2 cm dilated from 32 weeks to 41 weeks, they kept telling me any day now, they stopped telling me that around 38 weeks when i told them if i heard it one more time i was going to have my baby in jail because i was going to kill the next person who said it to me lol, i would make sure you follow all of your drs orders and talk to your dr about your concerns whereas you have already had a premie
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 2:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• i was 4cm at 28 wks with my first and i got nothing. i wasnt even contraction i had her at 38 wks(military hospital)
    my second i was 3 cm at 32 and i got put on bed rest for a month and got 2 shots for his lungs had him at 37 wks(civilian)

every doctor works different. i had two kids one in nc the other in sc and had two very different experiences with my care
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Speak up & demand what you know you need, you are paying them for a service this means you get it your way, within reason.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• find the head nurse
    Anonymous

• They might not be concerned because things like that can happen at your stage of pregnancy and turn out totally fine! I know all woman are different but to be 2 cm at 34 weeks really isnt that bad at all! I was 2cm at 29 weeks this pregnancy (still was at 34 weeks) and was 2cm at 31 weeks with my last pregnancy and was 4cm by 34 weeks and still didnt have my DD til 38 1/2 weeks when I was induced.

Contractions can come and go but they have to be strong enough to really make a difference
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Forgot to add... they arent going to give you steriod shots unless it is really necessary and based on the info you gave (contractions every 5 min and only being dilated to 2) I dont think its necessary to give you steriod shots
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• IMO....I dont think 34 wks is all that early....I know, yes its early, but she is surely viable!!! With all of my kids I walked around dialated for a long time....usually if you are not changing more than 1 cm an hour, they are not worried about labor. I think this means that your baby will come early, and most likely fast, but I dont think she will come in the next few days. Remember this is just my opinion!! Good luck to you!!! And, always remember that you should be in control!!!! The squeeky wheele gets the greese!!
    wntg1grl

Answer by wntg1grl at 1:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2009