What is wrong with people today?

I read an article that Santa was a bad influence because he is overweight. REALLY- people are worried that kids will get fat because Santa is? We have so little control over our children that they will be FAT because of Santa? Are we going crazy or what??
(the article skipped the whole he is a giving person thing- just the he is fat thing so he is a bad role model!)
What do you think?

wildboyz1994

Asked by wildboyz1994 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, if they can blame Santa's influence for their kid's being overweight then they don't have to shoulder the responsibility for it themselves. Though it is funny that it doesn't work both ways. If the kid is fat it's Santa's fault (or society or any one but the parents), but if the kid is generous and giving it's all the parents doing. Hmmm, double standard anyone?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Wow that is so retarded. Kids are going to get FAT because of what PARENTS allow them to eat! not because of some fictional guy that flies through the air and gives gifts..... So stupid
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• well damn......I'm a big girl not too overweight but not where a healthy standard is. I believe I'm just perfect for me. So power to the people who love themselves!!!! If Santa is a bad inflence then is barbie perfect?
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• omg I can't believe someone actually said that! I swear the 'studies' or whatever that are coming out today are rediculous! Santa will make my son fat?!? Thats hilarious really...
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It's Santa's fault that I'm fat!!! My new cop-out. LOL
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 1:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It's all those sugar cookies parents leave for Santa that made him fat!!!!! The parents are the bad influences not Santa! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 1:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• A scapegoat is always needed!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• LOL @ admackenzie! Yeah, the parents' fault that he is girth challenged. :) Surely whoever said the original was jesting?

Answer by Bmat at 1:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I love fat people. What's wrong with fat people?? Santa is at least a jolly fat man. Bah-humbug on whoever wrote that article.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I heard about this, too, and it wasn't just that Santa promotes kids to be overweight, but also to drive too fast-no joke.
    Anonymous