What do you give your mail man and your garbage man for Christmas?

I gave my postal carrier a Dunkin' Donuts gift card, but I'm not sure what to do for the sanitation workers. What do you do?

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 1:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I give cash to the mail man and the UPS man, but other than mailing something to the company, there's no way I can get something to the garbage men, the pick up place is a distance from the house and I'm afraid anything would be stolen.

Answer by Bmat at 1:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I'm a horrible "customer" I don't give them anything...

Mostly because someone would probably steal it before they got to my house..
    Anonymous

• Subway Gift Cards - they gotta eat!!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• nothing.... i never see them. our mailbox is 1/2 mile away and the garbage men comes too early for me to see them. When I was yonger we always had stuff shipped ups everyday so my parents gave him $50 giftcards to resturants and stuff like that.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Oh OR if you or your husband does a job like this what do you/they like to get! I forgot to add that! :)
    Thanks!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My parents always left bottles of wine out for the garbage men and the mail man. I don't know what we'll do this year, it's our first year in our new house!
    Anonymous

• Even though you're not supposed to give federal employees money, we always give them $20. Garbage men too.
    Anonymous

• Nothing. I never see them.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Nothing, i dont care about them lol. We habve like a million different mail mans who come deliver our mail at the apartment complex. our apartment is a training area for diff people who are mail mans. our trash people are just trash people. they drive a truck for our city and pick up trash at the apartments. i dont know them! like i got money to spend away and give it to people i dont know.
    Anonymous

• We always have a different mail carrier, so we don't do anything. My husband tends to have a lot of stuff for the trash men to pick up because of his job. He gives the trash guys each $20 every month or two so they will take his extra stuff.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2009