I have a 2 and a 3 year old that i want potty trained.... I have tried all i can... i need ideas pretty please?

3boysandme21

Asked by 3boysandme21 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• be consistant... if they know you will give in and let them use a diaper they will test you! also be very positive. even when they are not doing well tell them "good try" or "we all make mistakes". make a simple potty chart with their name and # it 1-20. each time they use the potty succesfully let them put a sticker on the #. give them a prize (like a small toy or a special outing) when they get to 20. if they dont tell you when they need to go ask them atleast once an hour to remind them. good luck!!
    Anonymous

• We made a game out of it with my cousin, when she went in the big girl potty she got praised and a candy. and when she went in her panties we told her how yucky it was and stinky. but putting big girl panties on helped because she actually felt the wet where the diaper pulled the wet off of her.
    every kids works different. you have to be consistent with what you do and get them to at least sit there every so often. Good luck
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• You say that you want them potty trained. Are you sure they're ready? If they aren't, you're just going to be torturing everyone involved..
    Anonymous

• If the child isn't ready, there's not much you can do.
    Anonymous

• If they aren't ready there isn't much you can do. I suggest gently easing into it with just the three year old as the 2 yr old may not be ready yet. I agree with the PP about the sticker chart. We did that and it worked. Just stick to it, be consistant and don't go back to diapers at all... not even pull ups because they are so much like diapers. And hey, you never know, if the 2 yr old sees the 3yr old going potty, if may get him/her wanting to go too. Just remember... Lots of praise. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• my daughters i got potty trained in 3 days, for starters i used mnms and skittles to reward them everytime they peed on the potty, second i used lollipops to reward them when the pooped on the potty, then i took 3 days that i could spend at home with them and the first day every 10 minutes i put them on the potty while filling them full of juice and fluids the second day i continued to push the fluids and put them on the potty every 20 mins the third day my paln had been every 30 minutes however by the third day they were telling me when they had to go, also when they did pee on the potty during those 3 days i did not make them sit on the potty for another 30 minutes. it worked for my kids but every child is different
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 2:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I know that my 3 year old is ready because when he goes pee or poop in his diaper he comes running to me and telling me that he went potty... for about 3 days he was goin on the potty all the time. i had him in big boy pants... but now he wants no part of the potty. We praised him and danced with him and he got his own special snack for going potty. My 2 yr old probably isnt ready and i have not been pushing him like i have been my 3 year old. I have done everything i did with my 5 yr old to get him on the potty. it just seems that he doesnt want to go potty.
    3boysandme21

Answer by 3boysandme21 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2009