Would you marry someone of another race if you knew your dad would look down on you and any children you had together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, my dad would never do that, but even if he did.... Yes, I would. If I truly felt the guy was my partner in life, my true love, it really doesn't matter what anybody else would think.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I wouldnt focus on my father's approval if I knew this guy was "the one" I wanted to be with!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Yes, if I was in love and wanted to spend my life with this someone, yes. Ultimately we are responsible for our own happiness, parents have done their living and choosing, it is not essential they agree with our choices in mates or life. It would be their loss to choose to not be a part of whatever life you choose.

Answer by older at 1:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Yep. My dad could shove it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• yes, no offense but you should make your life happy . your dad will not be around forever. plus my dad was a cheating drunk so his opinion wouldn't affect me in the least..
    Anonymous

• Yes I would, and I'm ashamed to admit my parents always said they didn't approve of "mixed race" relationships if the couple was going to have kids. Being the open minded person that I am I used to tell them that I would fall in love with and have children with whoever I wanted and they would just have to deal with it (of course I was 16 at the time...). I would never let anyone else's opinion affect who I love. If the man treats the woman well why does it matter what ethnicities they are?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• As sad as it is it is really up to you DO YOU REALLY WANT TO GO THROUGH ALL THAT WITH YOUR FAMILY???

Unless this guy is God then I can understand but if you are old enough to make your own decisions with no worries or regrets go for it sometimes....I said SOMETIMES they family somehow comes around....GL
    Anonymous

• yes, i did and would.

My parents didn't and neither did my family.

I was concerned about my family-cousins and stuff. Everyone treats my man like family. :) Sometimes we worry too much.

You must do what makes you happy, sometimes people don't realize it, hopefully they will.

Good luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I am not married yet, but we say we are.

We just have to get the paper. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• No I wouldn't marry someone outside my race I am white I am not a racist so don't get that idea I just don't have the desire to get with someone who is outside my race.I have alot of friendes who are from other races but this is what I choose.My mom could careless who I would be with.My father is a diffrent story he believes u don't go outside your race he is really old fashion and I don't think that makes him a bad person I respect the way he fills and I respect him because he is my father.
    Anonymous