military moms?

is there any rank a soldier will get to where his wife has to live with him?i have heard of one person say the wife and kids living one place cause the husband gets deployed so much,and the dh living in another. i myself think this is wrong.i believe in stand by your man but i guess thats not always easy....my dh on the hand says that a soldier will make a certain rank and the wife has to move with them.whose right???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• LOL What are you serious? My husband is E-4 active duty army and i been living with him since August 10, 2005. he joined the army Nov 4, 2004. went straight to boot camp and then graduated from there. Went to AIT (training) same place which was fort jackson. He left South carolina fort jackson April 25, 2005 to live in germany. I followed him with our daughter in Aug 2005. we lived in germany from that time until July 7, 2007. We are now living in Tacoma, wa near ft lewis base. we dont live on base but rent off post in a nice apartment. im always going to live with him and him live with me. There are Military wives who choose to stay home with there families and kids because the husband is deployed too much or has alot of training. it has to do with the soldiers MOS (job title) my husband is a All wheel mechanic and he is always home. sometimes home by 3pm or 5-6pm. but he always comes home. Cont..
    Anonymous

• He was first deployed last April 2008 for 15 months. He just got back this year in july. he does do training and all that but not all the time. he wont be doing any training until late 2010 because they will be deploying again sometime oct-nov 2010. they get 1 year stabilization to stay home and work again and then a year to deploy. he was just un lucky to be deployed for 15 months instead of 1 year (12months) in may 2008 bush announced they would go back to 1 year deployments. he just missed it by 1 month. Maybe if he deployed to korea i would stay in Tacoma, Wa or go back to Los Angeles but i doubt it. i would go with him to Korea because i can. I know people with kids and wives that go along. FYI, i stayed in Tacoma when he was deployed 15 months.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, i keep forgetting. But we been married and living together since November 2003. got married on Dec 3, 2003.
    Anonymous

• there is no rule that says you have to live with your wife. I think it would be bad if your husband lived in the barracks and you lived in the same town not together. there are lots of wives who live in different cities then their hubbies.. i think those must be convience marriages.. how can it be a real marriage , unless they are only gone for a month of training. But why would not want to live with your wife. that is odd?
    Anonymous

• typically the wife can live where ever she wants when hubby is deployed, i think IF a law has been put in place stating otherwise its because soldiers where marrying friends for the added pay and the woman would get the benfit of the military paying her rent where ever she lived but i have never heard of a law saying they have to live where hubby lives (although i agree with you, i would want to be where my hubby is)
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• no im an army wife im not sure of who told you this. BUT the only way that could happen is for instance sometimes spouses arent allowed to cfome certain places like army base in korea isnt as safe rite now so army rather their families not come. but trust me the wife and family fights back and does everything by getting allkinds of shots their passes and areeventually allowed to come. teh only time family can not come is in those cases and there are a few other places like that like guam also. other than taht they live with their family.
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 1:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• No, there's no rank requirements for living situations, at least none that I've heard of. No one can make anyone live together if they don't wish to do that. The spouse didn't sign that contract with the government. If I don't want to move to California or wherever, then I'm not going to. Not saying I personally would not go with hubby though.

If your spouse is stationed in one state and you decide to live in another (people do this for their kids who are about to finish school or because of a close scheduled deployment), then the spouse would stay in the barracks and the other would get BAH. Active duty spouse would be considered a "geo-bachelor".
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 2:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• this womans dh was in texas for a yr before finding put he was getting deployed.she has basically been separated from him for 2 yrs.he lived in az for a yr and then in texas...i dont know why she would want to do this.but our debat was eventually we thought she would have to live with him cause we thought this was kindof odd.then he offered to go to iraq he wasnt deployed he said ya i will go over,hmmm
    Anonymous