What would your thoughts be on this one?

My dh text his ex letting her know the check was in the mail and her response was...thats great oh by the way our dd got a job. I'm like uuhh sooo does this mean we don't have to pay you child support now...lol I didn't tell her that but I wanted to..lol (all this was on my dh phone). I know sooner or later she would get a job but damn in that same sentence.
Just venting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My dh text his ex letting her know the check was in the mail and her response was...thats great oh by the way our dd got a job. I'm like uuhh sooo does this mean we don't have to pay you child support now...lol I didn't tell her that but I wanted to..lol (all this was on my dh phone). I know sooner or later she would get a job but damn in that same sentence.

Just venting...

I think a few of you missed the last two words.  She's venting.  Back off.

Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Chances are as long as his DD is in school, child support will continue.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Well, if she is under 18 years old, then yes, he still needs to pay child support. It also depends upon the divorce/child support agreement. Ask you husband what the settlement was.

On a positive note, since she now has a job; maybe she won't ask her dad for extras she wants.
    Anonymous

• I dont' get what you're upset about...So she got a job. Sounds like you're resentful that DH has to pay child support, which is really kind of petty of you. Have the kid, pay the support. Whether she's got a job or not doesn't play into it.
    Anonymous

• I dont get it? are you wanting to get out of support? if she is under 18 then sorry no can do he has a parental responsibility to pay, so your upset that a teen is learning to be responsible and got a job? I am confused when did we start getting upset about teens showing responsibility?
    Anonymous

• I don't understand what your point is. Is she done school and now working? Or is she still in school and just has a low paying part time job.

I would agree though that once kids get a job, if they aren't saving for post secondary they can start to pay for some of the things they want to have or want to do. If she is done highschool and just living at home, not working to save for post secondary, she should be paying her mother rent and you should not be paying child support.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 2:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• We understand she's venting. We are unclear as to what she's venting about.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 2:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• We pay child support to my DH's ex at the tune of $500/month and we have her 48 more days a year than she does and they have joint custody! So Mama, I understand!!! And in our state, if the child goes to college then we are required to pay support until she is 21. I don't mind paying support, I actually encourage it, but the circumstances IMO are not fair.
    Am19v

Answer by Am19v at 6:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2009