I need some meal ideas...

that will feed a bunch of people but is also not gonna cost alot. so far i have chili, spaghetti, and our Christmas meal. i need four more ideas. thanks in advance! oh there is gonna be 4 adults and 3 children...

Ronnies_Girl

Asked by Ronnies_Girl at 1:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Hamburger goulash, burger stew, chicken & rice, sloppy joes & oven fries, chicken alfredo, scalloped potatoes & ham, salisbury steaks & gravy, lasagna, chicken stew & dumplings, shepherd's pie, chicken tetrazzini, beef stew, chicken chili, chicken a la king....

I have many recipes for low cost meals on my blog, Rhonda's Homestyle Recipes

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• This feeds 2 adults and 4 kids who eat a lot a full meal, plus leftovers. Cook 2 lbs hamburger, drain, mix in 3 cans green beans or 1lb frozen green beans, and 2-3 small cans cream of whatever soup. Put in a greased 9x13 dish. Top with 2-3 lbs tater tots (I buy the 5lb bag and use half). Bake at 425 for an hour or til the tater tots are done.

This also feeds us all with leftovers - you can use more ingredients to make more. 2 boxes Velveeta shells & cheese, 2 cans peas or 1lb frozen peas, 1can cream of whatever soup. Make mac & cheese according to directions on box. Mix in cream soup, peas, and as much tuna as you like (hamburger or sliced hot dogs can be used too). Spread in 9x13. Top with crushed crackers & butter.

Or just regular tuna noodle hotdish, or chicken noodle hotdish. Pasta is cheap and filling. Put a salad and a couple other sides with eat meal to stretch it out farther. Scalloped potatoes & ham.
    Anonymous

• Chicken Divan- Easy affordable and can be made ahead and baked when you want dinner-

1 whole chicken, cooked and boned (I either boil the chicken, or cook it in the microwave)
    20 oz bag frozen chopped broccoli ( I actually prefer the florets
    2 cans cream of mushroom soup (you can use cream of chicken or one of each)
    1 cup sour cream
    2 slices bread buttered
    1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange chicken in a glass 9x13 pan. Spread broccoli over chicken. Mix soups and sour cream, spread over broccoli. Broil buttered bread until lightly browned, tear up bread and arrange over casserole. Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for 35 - 45 min.

Serve over cooked white rice.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I have a recipe for Hashbrown Casserole with sausage or ham added to it to make it a very affordable and filling main dish if you'd like that recipe let me know. I don't have it handy, but I'll be happy to post it.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:26 AM on Dec. 23, 2009