my baby was deprived oxygen at birth

and he is behind like 2 months. I'm also worried that he might have cp. I have been worried ever since he was born and i can't stop. I feel depressed. Has anyone experience there baby deprive oxygen at birth and is worried as well? Or they are fine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• One of my twins was deprived oxygen at birth as well. The twins are almost 15 y.o. now, and BOTH are doing just fine. I pray your baby will be just fine as well. Good luck to you both.

Happy Holidays!
    Anonymous

• how long do you think he was deprived? Get his records and get other peds opinons. I remember when my son was born my best friend was a registered nurse. When she saw his pictures seconds after being born she told me he was blue in addition to be given oxygen. All I saw in the pictures were my baby on oxygen to help him after being so late and a really rough labor and csection. He was alright after all thank goodness but I didn't know he was blue. He got pinked up fast without problems after that.

We're all worried about our kids.That said, your peds are there to answer your questions.If one doesn't then get another ped, take him to a specialist just for a consult. Your school district or county should have an early intervention program free through at lest public schools to start early therapies and academics even before kinderg. if that's called for.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. I know someone w/cp very mobile.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My oldest was deprived of oxygen at birth. He has autism, but I really don't think it was related to the oxygen deprivation - so many other kids have autism that didn't have the same issues. Other than that, he's very healthy and he's extremely happy with a good sense of humor!

Answer by missanc at 4:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2009