full body rash after fever?

So my 10 month old son had a fever of 103 for three four days in a row. Now his fever is gone but he's got a red rash over his whole body. Its just little red bumps on his face, kneck, stomach and ect. . I called the doctor and they said it is very normal after a baby has a high fever and it could last 2 to 3 days. . But it looks so horrible. Has anybody had experience with this?

mandar

Asked by mandar at 2:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have. I think it's a virus. It will go away.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Yes I have and it is scary but very normal... now if it continues after a few days or gets worse or begins to have more symptoms it could be hives or something more serious and they need to see him. If you feel even the least bit uncomfortable about it take him to the ER, they have to see him and they can tell you better from actually inspecting it. = )
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• its darker today than yesterday but i'm gonna wait and see what it looks like by tomorrow
    mandar

Answer by mandar at 2:55 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It's probably Roseola. It is a virus with high fevers and then a full body rash (but mostly on the torso). Once the rash appears your child will no longer be contagious. The rash will go away.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It sounds like Roseola to me.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Agree with Roseola, My daughter had that virus when she was 11 months old, she broke out in a very high temp of 104, and was like that for about 3 days, then when her fever broke she had a rash all over her body. I brought her to the doctors because I thought she had chickenpox! Turns out it was the roseola!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2009