question to moms of 3 + kids

i have 2 boys 2 1/2 and 7 mt hs... I would like to try for a girl but am afraid to have a 3rd child.. my husband works crazy hrs at least 14 a day and im alone all day.. i would like some advice from moms who have at least 3 kids and there thoughts? would u have stuck with two kids? or are u happy to have 3? i know some people say you can wait til theyre like 7 and 5 but i dont want to wait that long bc i want my kids close in age.. help!

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• well i can't give you a real answer yet because my 3rd isn't actually here but she will be jan. 13th! she was conceived when my 2nd was only 4 months by birth control mishap lol. so my kids will be 3, 13 months, and newborn. im sure there are going to be days that i'll want to pull all my hair out but the worst part is going to get through the first 2 years after baby #3 comes. by then they will be 2, 3, and 5. they are only with you for 5 years and then go to school most of the day, and it goes by pretty quick because soon my 3 year old will be in pre-k! they will grow up being best friends, though. my 3 and 1 year old are already so close.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I am working on baby number three right now and my girls are 2 1/2 and 4. I would reccomend waiting because the age your boys are at right now would put A LOT of work and pressure on you. If you wait until they are a little older (like my oldest being 4... that is still young but read on) they can help you out a little and they are more apt to listen to you than a younger child will. Especially two young children together, lol. That always spells trouble in our house, ha ha.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• i agree i would def wait to try to conceive until my youngest is 1 1/2 at least
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I thought I was done with 2, and then we had the third. My life's never been better. He's the greatest kid. He's changed my life. 3 kids hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be either.
    Anonymous

• I was going to say wait as well. I do have 3, but there is a pretty big age gap between the 1st and 2nd. An older child can still be very close to a younger sibling, and they can also be helpful. If you don't want to wait until they are 5 and 7, maybe at least wait until the older one is 4 or 5.
    Anonymous

• by the way, they are ALL girls! :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I was very happy with one and ended up with 3 lol. hubby couldn't wait to have number 2 and it took him about 7 years to convince me and then number 3 was 23 months after number 2.. Wouldn't change a thing, but if your hubby works all the time and you already have 2 little ones, can you handle a 3rd so close in age with little help. I know woman do it all the time but then they are the ones complaining they feel like single parents or the spark is gone in the relationship. I would wait til number 2 is at least 3 before having another one.
    Anonymous

• I am happy with having 3 kids (13, 11, 3), but my 1st 2 kids were older by the time the 3rd was born. I think that really helped alot!!! As my oldest was able to help out with the new baby or keep an eye on him for a few minutes while I did some housework. I think you should sit down and think about what a 3rd child would mean in terms of how much work it is to take care of a newborn, how time consuming they are as well as your other 2 young children--are you able to handle having 2 little ones right now? Especially if your hubby works crazy hours and is not around to give you much help. Can you divide your time to meet all 3 children's needs? What does your hubby think about having a 3rd child?
    Anonymous

• My kids are 5,4 and 2 and I love it! My dh also works long hours, but I am okay with being alone with the kids. I wouldn;t change it for anything.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• i get stressed with the 2 i have now but all in all theyre good kids... my husband really wants to try for a 3rd (esp bc he wants the girl) im also afraid i could get stuck with a 3rd boy.. as much as i love and adore my 2 boys i dont know if i could handle 3..if iwas guaranteed a girl id probably do it but its 50/50... i love staying at home with the kids but sometimes i feel like im stuck here( i had my first at 22... ) i thought i was "done' with havingkids but now im not so sure...
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2009