How was your Yule celebration?

How did it go?

Could you tell me why you celebrate this holiday?
(This will help me choose my winner, lol)

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 2:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Holidays

• We had a simple celebration this year because things have been so hectic this month. We had a nice simple meal of soup and bread. Hung the mistletoe and holly. Lit the red, green and yellow candles. Had a nice pot of water on the woodstove with mint and cinnamon in it. Hubby carved a sun in the Yule log and we put it in the woodstove and had some nice tea and just relaxed while we watched the fire burn. And we went out for a few minutes and looked at the winter stars for the solstice. Was cold out so we didn't stay out long. It was a nice and peaceful way to spend Yule. Hope you had a lovely Yule celebration too
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:55 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• well it didn't go...don't celebrate that BUT MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
    Anonymous

• OP, you should of posted this on Religion not holidays. Our Yule went good, opened presents in the morning and had a good day
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Yule is a holiday . There would not be a Christmas if Pagans had not celebrated Yule first.

We celebrate for 10 days. It celebrates the returning of the Sun God and light after the longest night of the year. We baked cookies during the day. Husband had to work last night, however we placed our Yule log on the fire when he came home. Had a meal of lentil/barley soup and Soda Bread by candlelight. Hung our mistletoe, Made a centerpiece from holly. Put the finishing touches on our yule tree. The kids opened their yule gifts. Wrapped up the evening by reading a book by candlelight and drinking a nice cup of Irish tea. It was a wonderful relaxing evening with my family. We will have another celebration and gift exchange at the end of the 10 days. This year that is December 31st. I would image that one will not be as low key.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 12:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2009