question

I haven't had my period in almost a month now. Do I have reason to worry, or am I just jumping to conclusions? I've been pregnant 2x before so I am not afraid of being pregnant. I am afraid of how my significant other will react. I don't think he'd hit me or anything. PLEASE HELP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you overly stress yourself at times that can cause a delayed period as well. But pregnancy is a possibility. Give it another week and if you don't get your cycle take a test and/or go to the doctor for a blood test. Sometimes a home test will have a false negative, but blood tests are more reliable. The doctors office will typically make you wait until about 6 weeks after your last cycle to come in anyhow.
    If you are pregnant just be adult about the conversation and give him time to adjust. He may need some more time than you do... men typically do. Or, if you want to wait it out and make sure you don't miscarry you could do that as well, but be advised that he may be ill tempered if he feels you kept it from him. You never know, he may be excited! = )
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• If you are late I'd say take a test. You can get cheap ones even at the dollar store and they work just fine, I've used them for my last 2 pregnancies. As for him not hitting you. Why would he hit you? are you in a bad relationship? If he didn't want more kids he should have thought that through before. It takes 2.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 2:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Are you unhealthy, underweight, stressed??

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2009