Wii Fit or EA Active??

Which did you feel you got a better workout?? My husband got me a Wii for Christmas (Yay!!!) and I'm torn between the two!

Any other game recommendations that are fun???

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What is EA Active? just curious:)
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Absolutely Active. Wii Fit is fun for the kids, but a horrible workout. You have to stop after each activity, and most of them only last about 30 seconds or so. Aside from running or the extended freeform step routine, it's pretty much impossible to raise your heartrate. Active runs fluid from activity to activity without you stopping, unless it's to change around equipment. You also aren't required to keep those 6 batteries in a balance board at all times (though it is an option). The only downside of Active is the resistance band - it's flimsy and pointless - replace it with a heavier one.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I'm not sure if EA active comes with a balance board. You might have to start with Wii Fit. I love our Wii fit and it's a great introduction to how to use the balance board. I'd start with that and then get the EA down the road when you want to try something different.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 3:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I agree with NotPanicking, I have a wii fit and are unable to get a good workout because of the stop and go type of workout. The wii fit plus has some great easy strength or yoga workouts but it really fails to do a lot aerobics other than walking or stepping. It has gotten boring, I'm hoping to get the EA Active for xmas- I think the balance board is not necessary with that one.
    jacobsmommy0828

Answer by jacobsmommy0828 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I'm not sure if EA active comes with a balance board.

EA Active doesn't need a balance board. You can use it if you want on a few of the exercises, but it's optional, and they work perfectly fine without them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• *without it
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I love my Wii Fit, it's good for me right at the moment because until now I've been pretty sedentary, but I definitely want to get the EA Active so I can step my workout up. Do you know anyone who has either one or both that you can maybe borrow to see which one you'd like to to get?
    Joelygirl

Answer by Joelygirl at 4:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• EA Active is a better workout, though I get frustrated with that program and having to hold the Wii controller exactly right for the exercises to register. I actually am hoping to get the one that uses a camera to watch your body position and doesn't require the Wiimote at all for Christmas!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2009