What would you do with your dh?

He is not exactly healthy he is on all kinds of medication he is out of shape but yet continues to do the bad stuff like eating wrong and not exercising pretty much doing what we all love to do but yet not good for us. Me on the other hand I am slowly catching up if I don't watch it I am not in any type of medication but damn it won't be long if we don't change...I know.
What would you do other than make a change in our lifestyle...where to begin like today or atleast in the morning?
Thank you ladies so much for listening. I pray with your responses ya'll can all help someone else out here on CM.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Write a list of things you want to accomplish and give yourself a timeline. Write a to-do list for accomplishing your goals in said timeline. Your entire lifestyle must change in order to have a change of outcome. GL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• try to exercise. if you want to eat unhealthy try to think that it's not good for you. when i was pregnant i didn't want to over eat and eat unhealthy like alot of women did who i know. so my motivation was my son. i didn't want him to pay for my unhealthy eating. so when i wanted fast food i said no because i could have gotten diabetes which was bad for my son. try to have motivation for eating healthier or losing weight.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like he doesn't really want to change? If he doesn't want to, there's not a whole lot you can do to force him to do it. You can make the changes you want just by making healthier choices and being more active (don't do a crash diet because you won't stick with it, make small changes you can live with - my 1st start was to go from pepsi to diet pepsi, which still isn't healthy but better than regular and I can live with it). Maybe if he sees you doing it, losing weight, and feeling better physically and about yourself he will want to follow suit.
    You can suggest that the two of you go to Weight Watchers as a "Christmas Gift" to the two of you so you can have a healthier, happier, longer life together. Maybe he just needs a push in the right direction - and weight watchers is generally something people can live with.

Answer by missanc at 3:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Men are lazy. If you don't have junk in the house, he'll eat whatever is there. Cancel your cable if TV is an issue. Tell him you love him and you want him around with you for a long time. Get any family who will help on board for support, and kids if you have them. Have a goal reward like a small trip for the two of you as something for him to work for....

Not an easy job...good luck

sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 3:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I am right there with ya in some of those ways. Most people don't want to get serious about it until their health is at serious risk, and they're already experiencing problems.
    I had to keep all of the junk food I could out of the house, cook healthier food and I read constantly about his health probles so I could watch for any signs, and let him read all of the complications his problem could cause.
    Sit down, talk frankly about how life would be without him or you for your children. Decide as a family that you all want to be here as long as you can with each other and support each other. Your eating and exercising habits will fall to your children, so start as young as you can with them to enforce good habits and explain how and why so they're fully aware of the problem.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2009