How many of you have been induced, to have it not work, and be sent home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mompam... I am sorry but you are wrong! The doctor should weigh the pro's and con's of getting the baby out before jumping to a c-section. Yes, there was a reason that I was being induced but I still had 4 days to try again. Since my body did not change and I was not in labor, what would the point have been in getting a c-section? It wasnt necessary to get him out yet

I had an attempted induction with my son at 36 weeks 4 days because I had surgery scheduled for a week later. I was on pitocin for 2 1/2 days and hardly contracted at all so I was sent home and brought back the next day. That day they broke my water and 3 hours later he was born (I did not have pitocin)

Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I don't think they would do that. There would be a reason you were getting induced. If it didn't work, you would have a c-section.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• not true. i was induced because i was a week overdue, and it didn't work, and i was sent home and rescheduled a week later

-OP
    Anonymous

• That depends on the doc/hospital. Here, they break your water when they induce you. They will only wait 24 hours after your water is broken. You get a c-section at that point. It's stupid. The hospital here has like a 40+% c/s rate.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• ma2b08 They cant always break water at the start of an induction. So if they start it and the pitocin doesnt work, they cant break the water and there is no point in a c-section
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I'm telling you that at the hospital in my town...if you walk in to be induced...you are leaving with a baby. Period. I dont agree with it, but it's the truth. They DO NOT and WILL NOT send you home without a baby.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2009