Which due date would you go with?

My due date has been three different dates during my pregnancy- Feb. 23, 25, and 28. At my first ultrasound, the tech told me 25th. When my dr. received all the info from that, she said 23rd. When I had my second ultrasound, the tech said the 28th. My OB is still sticking with the 25th for some reason. I know it doesn't really matter that much, as they are in the same week and chances are my baby won't come on her actual due date. I'm just curious as to which date you'd go with, tell people, use in tickers, etc...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i always like to go with the latest date, that way when the date goes by people don't start calling you every day saying "still pregnant?" :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I would prepare everything ahead of time anyhow and plan for the 23rd.... although you never know when the baby will get here. It could be early, late or right on time. = )
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• With only a 5 days difference, it makes no difference! I wouldnt pay attention
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• ALL are just estimates...average them out and use that. Unless you are having a scheduled c section, it could be at any time!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• They usually calculate a due date based on the date of your last period, unless the ultrasound shows WAY different. My 1st ultrasound date and my calendar date are different by 3 days - they are sticking with the calendar date because the baby could be growing faster/slower than "normal". They usually stick with the calendar date, or the date that they first gave you - the dates they find early on are usually more accurate than the later ones.

Answer by missanc at 4:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Add a week so ppl won't be looking at you like you have three heads when you go past whatever date you give them.
    Anonymous

• My due date has changed so many times it is getting silly. So I say that I can have this baby anytime between Jan 4th and Feb 14th without him being considered early or late (that is according to my midwife, by the way). My 'official' due dates have ranged from Jan19th to Jan 30th. It's just an estimate, not a guarantee :)

YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 6:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• id go wthe 25.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• All of them are estimates but IMHO the earliest ultrasound is probably the most accurate. The doc giving the 23rd was likely based on the assumption you have a 28 day cycle and ovulated on day 14 (they use your last menstrual period to calculate the due date) and most people DON"T have 28 day cycles when not on birth control. The earlier ultrasounds are more accurate at predicting dates and get less and less accurate as pregnancy progresses. It is important to know which one the doc is using and why because that is what they will use to push induction if you go past your due date. Also keep in mind that most women go 41 weeks with their first child so I would wait until AT LEAST that point to allow an induction of any sort.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2009