Do some women really feel like that after they give birth? Is it common?

"Right after I pushed my son out and the doctors put him on my stomach he wasn't moving, the first thought that crossed my mind was that I should eat him. I've been told that most parents don't "fall in love" at first site with their child, but I was not expecting a reaction like that. I still feel ashamed of it years later that it even crossed my mind because I am always getting praise for how wonder my son is and how awesome a mother I am."

http://www.experienceproject.com/confessions.php?cid=172207

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Eat him??
    Anonymous

• That is funny! No wonder you are posting anonymously.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I haven't ever felt like eating my kids...
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• ok your a nutball, and nobody here will post here and tell you that unless they do it anonymously, so im here to tell you, YOU ARE A NUTCASE
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 3:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Literally? Like a Crocodile? Wow
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Eating my baby? No.

But the first thing I said when I saw her was a half scared-half surprised "Whaaah!" it was mostly wrapping my head around her actually being real, and not just kicking sensations in my belly. The whole bloodiness and such around her definitely added to my reaction.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Ladies, this anon posted a link & quotes indicating that it's hot HER, but someone else's comment.

And no-- that has not occurred to me.
    :- /

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Sorry never though of eating my baby after I pshed them out. You must have been really hungry after childbirth for a steak.

Answer by louise2 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It would be succulent though, like a veal.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• ummm lol no!!!!! u are not an animal that is a animals instinct or unless you really have lost all ur cookies i would suggest not have anymore kids an find a good pyschologist lol eat them what the hell were u drugged???
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2009