Do you let your baby sleep on there belly??

If so did they pass of SIDS or do you know anyone that had a baby pass of SIDS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know of any babies who hae died from SIDS but I did keep my children off of their belly until about a year old. Then the little gremlins would flip themselves over during the night whether I wanted them to or not, lol.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I did let her sleep on her belly when she was sleeping on the belly of me or my husband. Obviously we were in a position to feel and see if there were any breathing problems.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• The only time i let her sleep on her belly is if she was laying on my chest. Loved that! Miss it too :(
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• We always put our little guy to sleep on his back, but since he has learned to roll from his back to his tummy, he almost always rolls himself over and sleeps on his tummy. He just turned nine months old, but he has been rolling for the past couple months.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 3:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• my son rolled over when he was 2 days old....seriously...it freaked me out..i was still in the hospital and stuck in bed because of c-section.

i lost a lot of sleep by waking up worrying that he was on his stomach and constantly turning him back over. he would always wind up on his belly.

He is 2 now and healthy.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• That is crazy TNT mom! Lol, I would have freaked out too! He must be a strong little man! = )

Oh and Sumurai... I miss those days too. = (
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I had at least 2 children that would only sleep on their stomachs. I've had 3 babies and I have 3 healthy, happy children.
    Anonymous

• my daughter sleeps on her side or her stomach now but i always did put her on her back... when they get to that age they will roll to their stomachs, and at that time it is ok. but i wouldnt recomend doing it. my friends friends baby did die because of sids when he was 4 months old, its a complicated story..
    daisybaby586

Answer by daisybaby586 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I know 2 babies who died from SIDS. One back sleeping, one belly sleeping. The back sleeping mom smoked, too.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 4:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• i put my 3 month old on his stomach to sleep or else he wont sleep my sister did it for her kid my mom did it for her 3 kids everyone i know lets their babies sleep on their stomach and none of them have died from SIDS
    Anonymous