PET SMELLS

We have 2 cats ( 1 fixed female, 1 young male ) and a 1 year old yorkie...he is house trained,a nd the cats use the liter box ....well now the dog wont go out into the snow to do his buisness...he kept going on a certain rug no matter where i moved it...so I mean I felt it was ok, because I would just wash it at night and keep newspapers under it, it was fine....well now he keeps peeing a pooping everywhere, including on my sons bed ! I mean I know I kind of let it happen since I let him go on that rug instead of being in the snow ( and also we have a big,mean German Shep. running around loose on our street, so it seemed better) and NOW my male cat is peeing everywhere ! My house smells horrible even though I wash everything they pee on ( in the washer or with my carpet cleaner) But my house is starting to smell bad and I hate it..how do I get rid of the smells ( some kind of cleaner?) and get them to stop going everywhere !

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 3:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pets

• You can buy gallon size jugs of enzyme pet smell cleaner and stain remover at Petsmart for around $15-$20. It works.

You gotta make that Yorkie go in the snow. Clear an area by one of your doors. Try to do something about the scary dog. We got a new little poodle and she was afraid of the neighbors rotti that is on the other side of the fence of our dog run. She wouldn't go out there. If you put her out she would huddle at the door.

Then the neighbor dog got out and came over to our door and I let the him in. He has been in our house before. She found out he is a nice dog. Now she has no problems with the dog run.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• well no one has been able to catch the german shep. yet...it was the neighbors across the street and they like abandoned the house and the dog...it is a mean dog, it has attacked other animals..so i dont know what to do about that... but we have a back deck, Maybe I can try to get him to go on there to start and then move to the yard....

Do you think the cat will stop if the dog does?
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Use vinegar water.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• If the cat is going you may need to have it checked by a vet fort a bladder infection. As far as the dog goes i would make it go in the snow clear a spot for him if you have to. In the mean time i would start treating the dog like a young puppy learning it's housebreaking until he gets back in the habit of going outside. You might need to have a professional come it and clean the rugs to get it out.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• get a crate and crate train your dog. the best thing to get rid of that smell is mixing water and vinager, let it sit on the area for about an hour, then put a mix of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide on the area and let it dry. When its dry, vacuum up the baking soda dust. this WILL bleach the area but its the best surefire way. believe me. otherwise, rip up the carpet...
    make sure there are no UTI's goign on with your pets as well ( yes.. you might have to spend money on your pets)... and try retraining the cats for the litter box (lock them in the bathroom with food, water and box. no towels or rugs on floor, until they get it.

good luck
    Anonymous