How do you ask for a sponsor?

I am running a photo group and we are doing a big project this year called project 365, I am wondering if it is at all possible to get Nikon to donate a coolpixs camera or a gift card for the winner of the project since my group is called Coolpixs, i just don't know where to start.

Jortess

Asked by Jortess at 3:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Technology

• Go to their website and contact someone to ask your question. That is the most direct way. And some websites even have links for sponsorships and frequently asked questions where you may find your answer. = )
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Talk to the public relations department at Nikon, or even at a local camera store. Tell them you will mention their name or provide a link to their website with each post. You may not get a free camera, but you may get a discount.
    I might even hit up people from local newspapers or tv stations and promise them follow up rights to your story.
    Think creatively. Offer to take pictures for a group in return for them purchasing a camera on your behalf. Volunteer to return the camera after the 365 days - they can use it or raffle it - along with a book you make of your 365 pictures. Include that group in at least 12 of the pictures and make a calendar for them.
    Given more time I can think of more ideas.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 12:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• They have a website where you can contact them.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i agree just contact them with ur ideas gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2010