How medicated are you?

I was reading about all the meds. that Brittany Murphy was on, some for diabetes, weight loss, anxiety, headaches etc. It got me wondering how many regular people take medication everyday. Personally I only take birth control. I can't even remember the last time I even took an advil was!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't take anything. I only believe in using meds if it is absolutely necessary.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• The most I take is OTC headache meds and thats it.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I only take insulin because I am a type 1 diabetic. I stear clear of all meds unless I HAVE to take them to live. I worry to much about what med will do what to me or how it will react to my body.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 4:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Lately I have been taking two Tylenol PM nightly due to constant pain from migrains and other stuff throughout the pregnancy and my prenatal vitamins, but that's it. And if I am not hurting I only take the prenatal.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I don't take anything.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I don't take anything regularly anymore. I'll take Tylenol if I get a headache or hurt myself somehow, Motrin for the rare occasions when I'm crampy, Zyrtec or Chlortrimeton and Sudafed when my allergies bother me... But it's all symptomatic; no symptoms, no meds, and I only medicate for the symptoms I have (i.e., I won't take Tylenol Cold if I just have a cough and am not in pain, etc.).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I take levothyroxine for my thyroid.
    I have the feeling Brittany might have died due to the weight loss meds or the anorexia...or both.
    Anonymous

• I only take birth control, albueterol, Flonase (when necessary), and glucose tablets...I don't take pain relievers ever. The only time I ever take medication is when it is absolutely necessary. A few months ago I had very bad bronchitis and was hospitalized for it, so I took the medicine.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• BC only. I tell hubby he is my medicine, but unfortunately he can't quite keep up with my necessary dosage, LOL! It will be better after the holidays, though. Stressed.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Well I am supposed to be taking a vitamin D supplement as my doctor tells me I am extremely deficient. However, I always seem to forget. I am on the Depo Provera shot for birth control. After that its the occasional aspirin or tylenol for an occassional ache or pain, but I only ever take one. If I have a cold, its Dimetapp or nothing. And if my allergies are acting up I take a Benedryl.

I really hate taking medications of any type.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 4:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2009