Do you let your baby sleep with you?

My son is almost 3 months old, and sleeps with us(me) in our bed. I am extremely sensitive to his movements and noises, so I am aware of him at all times. I said when he was first born that I would only do it until he is three months old, and now that we are close to it, I am having a hard time just even thinking about him not being close to me. I keep telling myself as he gets older and can understand words that it will be just easier to do it then. I almost feel like he will feel I am negleting him. I don't think I can do it just yet. Anyone have this issue? How did you transition?

Oh yeah, did I mention, I think my DF is feeling negleted? I feel bad either way.

HarpersMom715

Asked by HarpersMom715 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• omg...My little guy just turned 1 and he's still in our bed. It is so hard to get him to sleep alone. gl
    Anonymous

• My son is 4! I feel so bad putting him in his own bed. He is our little sleeping buddy. I know I have to soon.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• if there is room, try bringing the crib into your bedroom and placing close to the bed..this will get him comfortable with sleeping in his crib especially if he can see your face. As time goes by slowly move the crib furthur away from your bed. We he is comfortable falling asleep by himself you can put the crib bak in his room, and def get a baby monitor so you wont freak out by the thought of him being alone. Good luck
    kiyad22

Answer by kiyad22 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Honestly, my son has been sleeping in his crib from day 1. I really wanted to keep the bedroom as the place for me and my SO to be alone together. I have always showered my son with love and affection every minute he's awake, but I really don't feel he's deprived in any way because he's sleeping on his own. When he was smaller, I'd sit with him till he'd fall asleep. I've never regretted doing that. Now, at 15 months, he falls asleep on his own, has been sleeping through the night since he was about 9 months, and is the most loving, social little kid I've ever seen. And when I see how much trouble my friends have getting their kids to fall asleep in their own beds/on their own, I'm even happier I never had to deal with that, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• i coslept with dd for 18 mts. she is now almost 3 and most night she is in our bed. i sort of cosleep with ds he is 10 mts. but moast nites he is in his crib
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My baby sleeps with us. We all sleep better and i am in no rush. When I go to bed it is to sleep. My husband and i go to bed at different times. we don't need a designated room to be alone. We are happy so why alter that? I have always preferred to sleep with others...i don't sleep as well alone though i can.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• you can find other ways to give attention to your DF
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My LO selpt with us for the first 2 weeks. She was then in a Moses basket for another 2 weeks in our room next to the bed and then she went into her crib in her moses basket. She has been sleeping through the night since 6 weeks, and 12 -14 hour nights since she was 12 weeks. Transitioning her to her room was harder on me then it was on her. I would think that the sooner you do it the better it will be for all involved. But do whatever makes your family happy and that includes your SO.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My dd's 7 mo & cosleeps. she also naps & sometimes sleeps in her crib which is in our room.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• my 7mo old ds sleeps in his crib for the most part. his crib is next to my side of the bed so when he wakes up to nurse i lay him w/us & go back to sleep. i always wake up when he unlatches bc he rubbs his teeth against my nip as he unlatches
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 5:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2009