Whats a good gift to give a whole family? (on a budget of $50-75, max, under $50 even better)

We're trying to do that last minute shopping for the family. We haev out immediate family done, but I want to get like something thats good for everyone in the family, so we dont have to feel bad only buying someon something, or going broke trying to buy something for everyone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Holidays

• Is this for your household... From Santa I have a stack of games for family night, some card games and the others are boards games. I plan to just wrap them together in a big bow and write to the Martin family on it... It is something we can all enjoy.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Oh a whole game night package! A few board games and a pizza delivery certificate! My family would love that! I always love the occasional pizza/game night. I don't have to cook or clean up we just get to haev fun together.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• A gift card to a restaurant.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 8:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• eh, they beat me to it... I was gonna say games

or, if you're in a snowy area, you can do a variety of sleds ..some of those straight ones, the inner tube like ones, etc.
    Anonymous

• lol - I agree with the pp's - I was going to say some board and card games :-)

Or, a video rental gift certificate and some microwave popcorn for a family movie night, but honestly, the game night stuff is better :-)

You can usually get some of the "classic" board games - Sorry, Scrabble, etc (not so much Monopoly, Life, etc) for about $10 (the others for about $20 - $25), and a deck of cards or some card games like Uno or even Yahtzee for about $5 - $10. If it's for your family, you can even cut down on the price for the yahtzee by just buying a pack of the refill papers and some dice - it's cheaper even than the game if you want to save money.

You can put it in a plastic bin and wrap it, or wrap up the games individually :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Do a $20 gift basket. Movie night, DVD $5 rack at Walmart or Big Lots, a box of popcorn, 2 liter sodas in Coke and Sprite, two boxes of candy. Its a movie night and you've spent $20 on a cool gift.

A day in the park basket. Buy a picnic basket (Big Lots $12), get plastic kites at Walmart for 1.99 each, add in picnic foods that keep like crackers, summer sausage, etc.

A New Years Eve pack which is a great gift they can use in a week! Add in 2010 glasses or tiaras (Party City .99), wine glasses from Ikea on sale now for .25 each or the plastic kind at the dollar tree if you don't have an Ikea near by, a bottle of sparkling cider for a toast, party blow outs, and a disposable camera for pictures of the new year $20-$30 for the whole set.

A snowman kit (if you live somewhere that has snow) I got one of these and it was a blast. It had everything you needed to dress up a snowman and we took lots of pix!
    Anonymous