Ovarie and kidney pains

Today out of no where I started having sharp pains in my kidney area in my back and my overies were hurting as well as though I was about to start my period. I felt like I had to pee really bad but couldn't go pee. Once I finally did, it didn't burn but it hurt really bad. I have missed my period this month but I am 100% sure I am not pregnant. I tested just to make sure and it was negative. What on earth is going on with my body? Anyone have any ideas? I am drinking cranberry juice to see if this will help at all. If this info helps at all, I had my son Jan 2 2009...almost a year ago now.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe a kidney stone or UTI?
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• i had them same problems i went to the er they said i had a urinary tract infection,i still had pains and made an appoitment and it was my gullbladder, i had to have surgery. 1 out of 10 new moms have to have there gullbladder removed. my baby was only 3 months at the time.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• sounds like a kidney stone, it'll pass or stay lodged, if the pain continues go to the er. i have kidney stone disease and get uti's from passing stones. i can usually stop my uti's from getting really bad by taking cranberry supplements and drinking water and cranberry juice. you can take azo to help the urine pain and heat helps the kidney pain.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2009