Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rent Assistance

Ive missed sooo much work the last few weeks for various reasons, medical and other....are there anyways to get assistance paying my rent besides DSS...who do i call?! How do i go about it...i have documentation showing that it was out of my hands!!! Im at a loss...the late fee for rent is like 50 bucks, but itll take me a WHILE to come up with the money! I dont have family that can help either! I have an infant i dont want to be homeless!!


Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • It depends on your area/county/state/city... talk to your DSS worker and she/he should have a list of orgs that can help you...
    Salvation Army can help, some Churches, United Way.

    Good Luck...

    Answer by gmasboy at 5:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

  • get ahold of United Way, they can give you places in your area that will help. all you have to do is dial 2-1-1 from your phone. good luck, hope everything works out for you!

    Answer by c_lotte1107 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

  • C lotte....Is that everywhere?!

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

  • cc

    Answer by staciandababy at 6:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

  • Public Housing has an assistance program. You can also contact the Salvation Army for emergency assistance.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

  • I am sure it's a nationwide thing... it may not be 2-1-1 from your phone though.. try it and if it doesn't work google United Way and your state.

    Answer by c_lotte1107 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN