Do any of you ladies...

feel resentment towards your so/dh for getting to go to work everyday and having the chance to advance in his career and getting to have some "me" time all the while you're at home with the baby/kids alone? Yes. The trade off is getting to bond with your child, but are there days when you just wanna freak the !@#$ out?

dani2780

Asked by dani2780 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• That is one of the main reasons I will never be a stay at home mom. Why can't you advance your career? Do something about it...
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Well, if I were in the predicament to do so, I would not be feeling so stuck.
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• yeah sorta kinda...i wouldnt want to work hubby's job but i do know what your saying lol.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I don't resent him. I work part time, and go to school part time. He works from home most days and goes to work on my days off. You can do something about feeling stuck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• i am a stay at home mom until i can find a job. my so goes to work from 3pm to 12pm. his job is hard and stressful. i don't resent him because he works for us until i can get a job. i don't have days where i want to rip my hair out or anything. im very grateful to have the time i have with my son. maybe you could get a job parttime. then you would still have time with your children and get away when you need to.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I wish I could have had some stay at home mom time with my daughter. Never could. You are lucky. If it bothers you that much, get a part time job.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I was going to also add: if you can't find part time employment, try doing some volunteer work.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• OP. yes, I know how you feel! But stick with staying home- it's the best choice I've ever made. There are definitely days when teh stress can get to you, but I've never actually regretted staying home. You know where you're needed.

xavierlogan: being a stay at home parent is a conscious choice. Staying you're a stay-at-home parent until you get a job sounds like you don't know what a stay-at-home parent is. Sounds to me like you're just unemployed.
    Anonymous

• No - I love staying home with my kids and I know there are a lot of days that my dh would LOVE to stay home with them instead of going to work, but he does it anyway because he loves me and feels like it's his duty to provide for me and my kids. Any JOB (whether SAHM or outside the home) is just that - a JOB and some days it's going to suck, and other days it's going to be great. I appreciate my dh working hard everyday so that I have the privilege of staying at home with my kids. I'm not here because I can't afford daycare or can't make it worth my while (I have 2 degrees and some great experience), I'm here because I want to be! I can't imagine not being here for them all day.

Answer by missanc at 7:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2009