have you ever "took" someone's dog away?

so i never wanted any of the puppies from her first batch but the MIL decided she'd keep just one. she works alot and im home taking care of all these dogs around here for now. its been a long time now and he went from sleeping with her to slowly sleeping with me and wanting my attention more then hers and following me around alot.

i think i can honestly say i "took" him from her, sad but true. have this ever happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Dogs are loyal to those that feed them on a regular basis...it isn't your fault, it is the dogs nature.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• no, but my bird that I'd had for 6 years before I ever met my DH decided that HE was the new favorite. He was feeding her off of a spoon (that's a bonding exercise) he didn't know. So I told him "congratulations, you've got yourself a bird!" now he gets all the responsibilities of taking care of her- mostly. She's a one person bird- he is now god of the world and I"m tolerated.
    Animals decide what they want to do- just treat them right and it will be OK :)
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 6:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• i took my dog back from my mom, i had an appt with no dogs allowed, she said she would keep him until i got a different place, when i moved i wanted him back and she didnt want to give him back and i understand but that was my dog and not the agreement, he was really sweet. so i have taken my dog back before. i also adopted him when he was a stray.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My mom "took" my brother's cat. She didn't mean to. In fact, she never liked cats. That was the first cat she ever had any positive emotions for.
    Anonymous

• Have you ever TAKEN, not took. And a lot is TWO words. And HAS this ever happened, not HAVE this.

Grammar Police

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Dec. 23, 2009