What is your toddler's bedtime routine?

How do you get your toddler to bed? What are the rituals, how long does it take to get them to sleep, and do you stay till they fall asleep or do they fall asleep on their own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we usually do dinner, then a bath, a glass of milk, pjs and then brush teeth. into bed and read a book ..two times max. then a kiss and hug and i leave the room.

he still cries some nights..he hates going to sleep...but its not a seperation anxiety because he will cry even if im in the room..so we leave him to cry and then fall asleep on his own.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Dinner at 5:30, play with Daddy, Read a book, bath time at 6:30 and bed at 7. I don't stay with her until she falls asleep because she needs to learn to sleep and comfort herself. Usually whines for about 10-15 mins tops and then she sleeps all night until about 9 a.m.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• my kids are in a terrble routiine of going to sleep when i do and sleeping in bed with me, but on the otherhand i love it
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My 13 month old eat supper, then plays a little, bath, pajamas, has a cup of milk, brush teeth, read a book, sing a song, then he lays down in his crib, I leave the room and he goes to sleep on his own.

Answer by missanc at 7:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Bath or shower at 7 or shortly after.
    He picks his jammies and which story he wants then it's dim lights and soft music while he gets a massage with lotion.
    Jammies on, story read and then either I or my husband(or both of us) lay with him for a few minutes and snuggle.
    I give him a back scratch too which he loves.
    Usually during our snuggle we talk about all of the nice things that happened during the day and about what we should do tomorrow.
    We don't stay until he falls asleep we just stay for the length of a song and then we give hugs and kisses and say our goodnights.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 8:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• We take a bath around 8-830, then lotion massage and jammies. We go back downstairs and play for a while, she drinks a bottle. Then when she gets really sleepy, I brush her teeth and bed time. She is GREAT with sleeping---loves sleeping like her parents. Once I put her in the crib, she rolls over to her belly and I cover her with her blankie and off to sleep she goes. She was an AWFUL sleeper the first 3 months. She wouldn't sleep unless I was holding her. So I always say that this is my reward for holding her for 3 months straight! lol She is 17 months now and will tell me when she's ready for nap and bedtime. She says "bye . . bye." I ask her if she's ready for nap/bed and she will walk over to the gate and try to unlock it. She does the same with diapers . . she says poo-poo and walks to the gate.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2009