punishments when you were a kid-

If I was 'grounded' to my room, I'd throw a fit and act like I hated it. In reality I would go and relax- time away from all the family stuff (drama) Yay!
or if something was taken away, I'd just go do or get something else I liked better. when life threw me lemons I'd make lemonade! I was hard to punish, but I'm still that way as a adult- things aren't the end of the world. I take bad situations and make them good-If I was in a bare room, I'd perform a play! Tell me to wash the dishes? I'd sing 'girls just want to have fun while washing!'
Once my mom and dad got mad at us about the TV control, so my dad went and threw the switch to turn off all the electricity in the house- and then couldn't get it back on! :) So our punishment time consisted of me and my siblings playing board games by candlelight and eating the melting ice cream!
I still laugh at how they had to get a electrician the next day-
anyone else?

LadyAronna

Asked by LadyAronna at 6:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you won;t think it's so funny when you DO become a mom! things have a way of biting you in the rear!
    Anonymous

• my mom would ground for a week only to forget that she had.

I loved being in my room alone so that didn't work.

Chores were also a punishment..but i was fast at them so it never lasted long.

my mom used to use the soap in the mouth for bad words...till my sister who was 2 at the time went in to the bathroom after one of the others siblings punishments and took a nice big bite out of the bar of soup and actually at it......after that it went out the door.

My mom got mad at my sister and me for not working together with her to fix the car(put the alternator on) and told us we better have it on in a hour or else......took us 15 mins after she was gone, lol

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I'm from the generation that spanking was it. Needless to say the thought of it was enough to scare me into perfect princess mode. I can count on one hand how many times I was spanked as a child. And yes -i did deserve it.
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It already does bite me in the rear- my niece does things to me that I used to do! That's why most of her tricks don't work on me- maybe one day I'll tell her why!
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 6:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• my niece is good at trying to get her way...she would tell my mom "i hate you grandma!" and she would try to bite my ma and she would go around doing things to purposely annoy her like blow in my ma's ashtray to make a huge mess.

my ma learned if you turn her upside down and so her feet were by your face, she'd quit cause she HATES that.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I was spanked until I was 10. I was a very good kid who made a few mistakes so I just became really resentful, confused and defensive. I honestly believed my dad didn't love me and I eventually lashed out when I was 18 and never moved back home once I was in college. so...yah, punishment as a kid wasn't as fun for me... thank god I broke the cycle, marry someone who helped me get past my anger and am able to raise a very well behaved toddler with zero violence. I'm glad that everyone else had relatively lighthearted stories, though :)
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 7:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I wondered if anyone else was ever able to make the punishments blow up in their parents faces- loved it when that happened with mine!
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 7:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Hardly ever got grounded. Even when I did something really terrible I was only "grounded" for like two hours LOL My dad did the "nose on the wall" thing. We also got ass whoopins, but that was from my grandma, not my parents.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 7:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My dad was a hard ass. I got grounded for grades under a B. If I got a B on a test I got spanked and grounded. Punishments were handed out for double creasing slacks when I ironed, making a bed wrong (I made everyones beds), putting a rug back on the floor crooked, not putting a knick knack back exactly where it belonged when I dusted, not finishing the entire list of chores by the time everyone got home, etc.. Spankings, bare butt & with a belt until I was 17 years old. My dad took EVERYTHING from me when I got grounded....TV time with the family (no TV in my room), reading (yep, NO BOOKS AT ALL), no radio, no record player, no cassette player, no phone time...NOTHING. If we went camping as a family on a weekend I sat in a lawn chair off in a corner...no books, no friends, no people talking to me. A dish put away dirty meant that I washed EVERY dish in the house...including china & crystal. I was always in trouble. ALWAYS.
    Anonymous

• Man, if I would have sung while doing a chore or fallen asleep on my bed when I had nothing to do my dad would have beat me to a pulp. Seriously. I knew better. I didn't sneak out of the house, I didn't try to watch TV while no one was home because I didn't know when someone would be home and my dad would feel the back of the TV to see if it was hot, we didn't have call waiting so I didn't use the phone because a busy signal would geet me a beating (even if someone was caalling the house at the same time my dad was checking on me), I didn't sneak a book because my dad would walk in to my room at random without knocking. While I did every dish in the house (at least 2-3 Saturdays a month because even if someone else put a dirty dish away I got punished) I knew to be silent, totally. No singing, no talking. Life was very different for some kids. They were abused and terrified of their parents. I was one of them.
    Anonymous