Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

toddler and power outlet protection.

I have the outlet covers/protectors that you get from walmart or anywhere else, but my 2 yr old son has figured out how to take them off. And of course im worried about his safety.

Any other ideas of how to toddler proof the outlets in his room?

Answer Question

Asked by tntmom1027 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 27 (31,955 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • There are outlet covers that you put on that when you go to plug something in you have to turn them to get the plug in. I am not describing it very well, but you can probably get them at a babies r us.

    Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

  • i was wondering if there was something like that.. thank you..

    there isnt a babies r us or anything close here....nearest is 4 hrs away...but of course there is always

    any other ideas are welcomed....please!

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

  • Try a Home Depot or Big lots maybe, Loew's...

    Answer by flowerchid72 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2009



    This is the kind I have. It works kin of like the door knob covers where you have to press both sides in


    Answer by Gealach at 6:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

  • also we have one that you have to install and it has a case, but a smack on the hand and redirect her attention you should be fiine

    Answer by mirit.rose at 6:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

  • this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but we don't use them. We just reached a point where we couldn't babyproof everything and thought it healthy for her to learn boundaries and taught her not to touch them. Having the covers just seemed to draw her eye to them and then we had to deal with the choking risk of those things. We don't have metal things that she could use to shock herself anywhere near her, so its been a lot easier to say "no" and use a time out- which happened maybe twice ever.

    Answer by mrs_pulley at 6:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

  • Try a local hardware store for other choices and also check babies r us online or ebay or one step ahead.

    Answer by aeneva at 9:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

  • home depot has one that you use as the face place for the plug. it has a spring in it and you turn it as you put a plug into it. when the plug is removed, it springs shut. You need the plug to turn it open again.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.