Are you a rude customer?

Are you one of those difficult customers that complains when the store doesn't carry what you want or you complain about the prices, or the lines or just about anything?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 6:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Shopping

• no but my husband can be about the line or that the cashier isn't fast enough and such.

I've worked in retail and so I just tell me to be quiet and he can complain when we are out of the store..unless it is something that should have been avoided by the store...not something that is normal and out of their control lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I worked in retail too and I always hated the ones who complain about stupid things. Like not having the hot item that everyone wants.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I try not to be!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 7:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• not usually- I've worked in retail so I know that the person talking to you usually can't do anything, and they aren't allowed to say so. Most of those people just need to vent- I always tried to tell myself that if they were griping at me, then maybe that meant they would yell less at their kid- helped a little.
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 7:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• No, but I always seem to end up in the line with the rude or non verbal cashier.
    Anonymous

• I try not to be! I used to work in Customer Care, and had my share of complainers. My DH and I are firm believers in "you get what you give". When a guest was venting, I would think of something that makes me happy while they vented and reminded myself that it isn't directed at me personally.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Nope, don't complain about those things at all. I do however complain about poor customer service. I was in retail management for several years and have very high standards for customer service. Nothing irritates me more than associates that are rude to their customers or ignore them all together. They treat you like you are doing them a dis-service by being there at all... instead of being happy that they have customers to pay their salaries!

As far as complaining about lines - that is expected this time of year. If you don't like it, get your shopping done earlier in the year. Complaining becasue a store is out of something or doesn't carry something, it isn't the store's fault! You can always call ahead to see if they have it!

Cheer up people... it's Christmas!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I'm actually a very nice customer. I've been on the other side of the coin so I treat people the way I want to be treated!
    EdithCS

Answer by EdithCS at 9:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• YES!!! I'm a big PITA, i want it all, I want it now, and I want it at the price I'm willing to pay!!! And yes, i have worked retail, and at christmas I know what they have in the stockrooms. go get the color I want in the size I want and now I want 50% off for me having to ask these things of you!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 9:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I am the warm and friendly type....I live 30 miles, one way, too the next town so when I get to go shopping I am very happy and blow off the rude people.

My sister and her husband are impossable to deal with and my sister will even cuss at people in her way.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2009