If you have been ttc for over 2 years, did you eventually concieve naturally?

Hubby and I have been ttc for 2 years now. I do not want to have to see a fertility specialist or try any drugs to help. I just want to know if there is still hope for us. If you ttc for 2 or more years, did it eventually happen naturally for you? How long did it take? Please respond ONLY if this applies to you (you have been ttc for 2 or more years). As a struggling ttc-er I'd rather not hear any "it happened the first month" or "we weren't even trying stories.... Thanks!

Jen110786

Asked by Jen110786 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Not me personally but my sister tried for about two years and then got pregnant just after my son was born.
    My husband is convinced that pregnancy is contagious so just spend lots of time with other babies and pregnant women, lol :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• how I wish that was true... there is nothing BUT pregant ladies in my family/friends.....I cant bear to see one more girl I know get pregant
    Jen110786

Answer by Jen110786 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• i been trying more than two years now and no results yet:(:(:( im thinking to go to a specialist. i had my pop smear in june and they said its normal, im a little stress now.. i been tryin a lot of things now but nothing seems to work... im planing to go next month i'll let u know what she says..
    valery305

Answer by valery305 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• i tried for almost three years, my secret weapon was being so depressed i lost almost 60 pounds (5ft and 220lbs) i got pregnant in less than two months from when i first started losing the weight (i literally lost 10 lbs a month). and kept losing when i was pregant bc i was eating a diabetic diet then. the dr said it was fine bc it still gave me the right amounts of calories, i just ate better things on it.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• we tried for 5 years. I have PCOS so we knew that was the cause. seeing a fertility specialist doesn't mean having to take drugs to get PG. might be important to find out the reason. for me I wasn't getting my cycle and so seeing a dr about it was the difference between staying healthy and getting cancer (in the tests to find out why I wasn't getting PG they found pre-cancerous cells). for us, because of my situation we needed a little help. if there is nothing wrong with your cycle then I would say there is still hope. get some ovulation tests and time things right and see if it helps. and/or chart your temp with a basal thermometer.
    created4apurpos

Answer by created4apurpos at 10:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Yes, we started trying again a few months after I had our daughter. I got pregnant a year & 10 mo later but sadly I lost the baby. good luck.
    Anonymous

• It happened naturally for me after 4 1/2 years the first time. The second time I went to a fertility doctor and it happened in less than 6 months. If you are young, you don't have any obvious problems like crazy periods, and you're not in a huge hurry then try on your own for a while longer. Of course even if you don't plan to use fertility treatments a check up and discussion with your OB/GYN might be helpful. If you are older, you do have messed up periods, or if you are in a hurry then make an appointment sooner rather than later. GL!
    Anonymous

• I do not have any wacky periods, I am pretty regular (25-27) day cycle every month. Every month I get the little side cramp (around day 13) and have the change in mucus (I know tmi). We even tried the clear blue easy feritlity monitor and it said I had a surge in hormones on the 12th-13th day of every cycle each month I used it. We used it for the 6 months like it reccomends and still nothing. I am young (23) and am in no rush to see a specialist but it still freaks me out that nothing has happened yet.
    Jen110786

Answer by Jen110786 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• It sounds like you are doing all the obvious things and your body appears to be cooperating. Even if you don't want to seek fertility treatment it might give you peace of mind to get checked out by your OB/GYN. If they run a few tests and say you are in good shape, your hormone levels are normal, and everything appears to be working correctly you can maybe not worry as much - that might be worth something. GL!
    Anonymous

• Thanks to all of you ladies and by the way, .....OMG I got my BFP yesterday!!!!! It has taken exactly 2 years!!!!!!
    Jen110786

Answer by Jen110786 at 8:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2009