My 5 month old slobbers a lot and spits up a lot -

he's a happy baby and gains weight fine. Is this normal and when will it end? He's been this way since he was 3mths old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• teething???...my son is 2 months old and drools ALOT!...doesnt spitup more than normal though.
    Dazey18

Answer by Dazey18 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It sounds normal. Some kids drool a lot and some kids don't, same thing with spitting up. My first ds was a big drooler. My second ds was a big spitter upper. He spit up after just about every feeding until he was almost a year old. He was happy and weight gain was great so Dr. said it was just a laundry problem, not a health problem :-)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• yup its normal. Its got much to do with teething. Just carry around LOTS of bibs and a couple of changes.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• drooling = teething, spit up = reflux (peeks at 3 to 6 months old)... once he is on solids, i recommend rice cereal, he should stop spitting up soon. i am dealing with that with my son as well.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 23, 2009