How can I get him to talk to me more?

I try to get him to talk to me about everything. MAybe am I too pushy? He jus doesnt talk to me about us a lot. Or how he feels about me or us sometimes. how can i get him to open up more?

krisew90

Asked by krisew90 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell him your curious and that you would like to know how he honestly feels about where do you two stand as of right now. And how he feels about you two together.Just prepare yourself for the worst, so when you hear the good news you'll be happily surprised.AND IF ITS BAD NEWS THEN YOU ARE ALREADY PREPARED ANYWAYS AND ITS NO SHOCK TO YOU.bUT DON'T TALK TO HIM UNTIL YOU FULLY PREPARE YOURSELF FIRST .FOR WHAT EVER ANSWER HE GIVES YOU.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• oh that's easy! just find someone else more interesting to talk to and like to talk to you back. preferably a guy. You will see how quick he trys to get your eyes back on him!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Is this a friend? Boyfriend? Husband? Different cases, all. When I feel like DH and I haven't connected lately, we hang out after the kids are in bed. We read in our bedroom and I scratch his head while we read. Then we talk. It's our way of getting back in touch with each other.

Now, if it's one of the other two and you aren't married, think about if you want to marry someone who can't talk to you.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Some guys just bottle it up. My SO wouldn't talk about anything unless it's his idea to talk about it or he feels it is necessary to discuss. Mine says as long as he's here that should tell me how he feels about me. He's not in to touchy feely stuff!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Don't do what soonmommyof3 said. Don't play games to get your friend/partner to talk to you. That'll create a line of mistrust and cause unnecissary problems for you. Don't push the subject too hard. Guys will come around to talking to you on their own terms. Don't get chatty when he's busy. Whether it be watching a game, doing homework, or whatever it is he does. Try talking to him while you're in the car together, or while you're out to dinner together. A place that's casual and doesn't have a lot to distract him from talking to you. Just open up with a subject and try to lead into it .. If he doesn't respond right away ask "What do you think?" or something that will hint to him you're interested in knowing. Again, don't push him into talking. Most guys just shut down if a girl presses too hard. Let him talk on his terms. Let him know you're interested and leave it at that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• JazzlikeMraz, that's a good answer. I'm having the same trouble with my guy. I noticed it's much easier to talk to him when we are about to go to bed. There aren't any distractions and it's just us. Sometimes, though, what I want to talk about he just doesn't get. I think a lot of women feel this way.
    Good luck, op!
    tigerlily721

Answer by tigerlily721 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Hey! its fine that you don't like my idea, but there is no freakin need to point me out so you can't make your point come across K!

Don't do what soonmommyof3 said. Don't play games to get your friend/partner to talk to you. That'll create a line of mistrust and cause unnecissary problems for you. Don't push the subject too hard. Guys will come around to talking to you on their own terms. Don't get chatty when he's busy. Whether it be watching a game, doing homework, or whatever it is he does. Try talking to him while you're in the car together, or while you're out to dinner together. A place that's casual and doesn't have a lot to distract him from talking to you. Just open up with a subject and try to lead into it .. If he doesn't respond right away ask "What do you think?" or something that will hint to him you're interested in knowing.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• To the OP. My whole point of my comment was, just go do your own thing. If he wants to talk HE WILL COME TO YOU!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2009