Another recall? -- MedImmune recalling swine flu vaccine-FDA

CHICAGO, Dec 22 (Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said on Tuesday AstraZeneca's (AZN.L) MedImmune unit is voluntarily recalling some of its H1N1 swine flu vaccine because it was not as potent as it should be.

Norman Baylor, director of the office of vaccines research and review at the FDA, said the recall involves a total of 4.7 million doses of the company's nasal spray vaccine, but only about 3,000 of those doses are left in warehouses.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2213056920091223

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Makes you wonder why this vaccine isn't as potent as it is supposed to be. Maybe if they tested it a little bit more they would have found out that it loses potentcy and we wouldn't be going through all this. So glad I didn't get this vaccine.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Glad I didn't get it...would have sucked to wait in line for something that is not even going to work...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• What a surprise. (Again.)
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• That's what happens when you make millions of doses without preservatives. Why is anyone surprised?
    Anonymous

• Really? Wow its a good thing that it was really an overblown thing to distract people from the House of Representatives voting on the healthcare bill.
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• So the people who did get the "faulty" ones may want to get a booster - annoying for their schedules I'm sure, but not exactly an end of the world thing.
    Anonymous

• Since this has been the 2nd recall and much larger than the first, I wouldn't bother with a booster.  For all we know they are all faulty.

H1N1 is disappearing around the country, and turned out to be not much of anything.  So much for the scary pandemic.

Anonymous

• Really? Wow its a good thing that it was really an overblown thing to distract people from the House of Representatives voting on the healthcare bill

rolling on floor

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• To the anon who said....That's what happens when you make millions of doses without preservatives. Why is anyone surprised?

You have got to be kidding me! Yeah I really want extra mercury and aluminum in my child! On a second point I think the vax was stupid to begin with...a bunch of hype for a bunch of money for a bunch of nothing. Every person that I know that got the shot...got the flu... oh and we didnt and guess what...no flu, wow I guess just a coincidence. NOT
    enetsala

Answer by enetsala at 9:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2009