Stop taking anti depressants?

Okay I was on citlopran for about 3 weeks and I stopped taking them. Could there be health risks at all? Like sould you die? I am having a seriuos fear tonight that I will not make it through the night! I need some help please!

mommyjones

Asked by mommyjones at 8:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Health

• Why would you stop taking medication prescribed to you without talking to your doctor? That isn't very smart. You won't die, but you're messing with something that needs to be monitored by your doctor.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• What the hell are you talking about? Not taking your meds isnt going to kill you
    Anonymous

• Probably you should still be taking them. Call your doctor and ask, rather than worry like this. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 8:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I dont think that you will die from not taking your med but you diff dont want to stop taking a anti depressant cold turkey. My DD Mimi (Grandma) quit taking hers cold turkey and ended up very sick.. she had sever dizziness and thowing up because her blood pressure went through the roof from quiting them cold turkey and her body was having a hard time adjusting. This is all what her doctor had told her anyways. So she put her back on them at a smaller dose and slowly took her off of them. You better just call your doc and ask them untill then I would cont. taking it. GL
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 9:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• did you jsut stop all at once or ween yourself off them? My daughter was on prozac and when she decided to stop taking them they told us basically to ween her off -not to just stop.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• If you call your doctor's office there should be a after-hours number for emergancies you can call. I highly suggest calling and speaking with someone tonight.
    ithi

Answer by ithi at 9:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2009