I apologized for flirting with him because I found out he likes someone else and he tells me I am over thinking things... am I wrong for saying sorry and how am I over thinking things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't really get why you apologized. You flirted with him...is he married? In a relationship? If he is, should you have known? If he's not married or in a relationship, or if he is but you couldn't have known, no reason to apologize. Just because he likes someone else doesn't mean you did anything wrong. I think you might have overthought things a bit.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It didn't mean anything to him, apparently, and he is uncomfortable when you bring it up. Or he is being gracious and trying to make you feel better?

Answer by Bmat at 9:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I agree with tropicalmama. You over thought it because you apologized for flirting when you found out he liked someone else! You see when you think about something to the point where you feel guilt over something simple and harmless(harmless because it didn't lead any where that should cause substantiated guilt) to the point where you feel the need to apologize, that is over analyzing the situation, hence over thinking on it.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Why apologize for flirting. If he is married to someone else, I could understand. But you just said he likes some one else. So he is not in a commited realionship. Confused still.As to why you Apologized.

Answer by louise2 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I apologized because I felt bad and what if I would have started liking him (I told him that because I am starting too)... he may not be in a relationship but he doesn't like me like that and I am sensitive like that... don't want to be that kinda girl. OP
    Anonymous

• Over thinking by thinking that it matters to him whether you flirt or not. He sounds like a jerk. Move on and don't look back.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• He sounds like a player, move on. grow up
    Anonymous

• Let's put it this way .. The only reason you should apologize is if you were flirting with a guy your friend liked. There is a friend code you do not break. That includes getting with a friend's ex, crushing on their boyfriend or crush, or getting with their boyfriend/crush. I don't get why people are calling him a player and a jerk. He likes someone else and you flirted with him, there's nothing wrong with any of that. If he were dating someone else and he didn't care you flirted, then there would be a problem. However, just liking someone isn't a player alert .. You are over thinking things. It doesn't matter that you flirted with him when he likes someone else. Let it go.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2009