Weight Gain.

I have an appointment with my OB on the 7th. But, I wanted to ask this to see if this was normal. I am currently 15 weeks pregnant with our 3rd child. I remember with my first two that I gained weight instantly. I started this pregnancy out at 208lbs. I went for an ultrasound yesterday baby is growing good and doing fine. They weighed me and I weigh 173lbs. Is it normal to lose 35 lbs in the beginning of your pregnancy. I havent been sick at all. Any one else experience this? And should I be concerned??

Ari0825

Asked by Ari0825 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have you changed your diet lately?
    I had some friends that suddenly ate healthy during pregnancy after living a life of eating junk food, and they DID lose weight during their pregnancies.
    Anonymous

• Not really. I have always been a healthy eater for the most part. I was just talking to a friend and they said it might just be that I had my last baby in July and these pregnancies are really close together that I am losing the baby weight from my previous pregnany???
    Ari0825

Answer by Ari0825 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I was 120 pounds when I got preganat and three months latter was105 but I also as far a meats went couldnt eat anything but chicken due to the fact that it would just come right back up. The baby was growing and looked healty so the doctor was happy. Now the baby is a healty 18 lb 7 month old. Every one is different with pregnacys so I wouldnt be to worried about it unless your doctor says something is wrong.
    Anonymous

• I would be thrilled if I lost that much weight being preggers! lol I am also a over 200 lbs.. I would love if that happened! :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• i've heard many cases of weight loss while pregnant. I on the other hand did not get to experience that. I became pregnant and 135lbs. Was 170lbs when I checked into the hospital to have my Son. I lost it fast tho, and then some. I worked down to 105lbs by the time my son was 8months old. SO i guess I cant complain too much.

Congrats on your pregnancy, keep healthy and enjoy that baby bump!
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 10:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I lost weight at the start of all my pregnancies but it was because I was so sick and couldnt hold anything down. Have you ever had a thyroid problem? Thyroid disease can cause you to gain weight and sometimes during pregnancy it evens out and that makes it like a crash diet
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Not that I know of I had ever had a thyroid problem. I am not complaining on losing the weight at all. I gained over 60lbs with my last baby. And didnt have the time to lose the weight as I got pregnant again when she was only 2 months old. I was just hoping that the baby was alright and wouldnt be affected if I wasnt gaining weight.
    Ari0825

Answer by Ari0825 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 23, 2009