4 weeks after a c-section..

I had a c-section november 24th. I haven't been sore in about two weeks & stopped bleeding within the past few days. But out of nowhere tonight, I'm really sore - I can't sit up without help & it hurts to laugh/cough/sneeze again. Still no bleeding. Should I be worried?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 9:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Health

• I wouldn't worry unless your incision site is red, swollen, or hot to the touch. you probably just overworked it since you weren't sore.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It takes months for the internal trauma of a csection to heal completely. That's why the doctor's recommend you wait at least a year- your uteras (sp?) was cut in half, as well as other tendons, and tissue. Even a month-2 months later I would turn one certain way and get a random pain. Same thing happened with my appendix surgery (8 months after the baby was born!), so I think it's more about abdominal surgery than something specific. That being said, if it gets worse or doesn't go away, call the doctor.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 9:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I just had my 3rd c-section last Wednesday. The recovery is supposed to be a 6 week recovery, but at 4 weeks you really do start to feel like yourself. It's just you're supposed to wait 6 weeks before lifting anything or doing major housework.

Unless you over did it by heavy vacuuming, lifting, etc that could have injured the muscle or ligaments, then I would be concerned (worried is a little strong, I'm sure it's ok). But, cautious concern would be wise here. I would call your OB first thing in the morning.

One other possibility is did you just now stop your pain meds? It's amazing how much the pain meds help. You can be up and about the day after surgery and then let your pain meds wear off and suddenly realize that you're really over doing it because the pain meds are giving you a false sense of feeling ok.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2009