is there anything you can do for morning sickness?

ok so ive only actually got sick once but i always feel nauseous and when i eat i can be starving and only eat alittle or i feel like i will be sick even though i never am

angelbabee2009

Asked by angelbabee2009 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sleep
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My doctor gave me morning sickness medicine!!
    KendraCagle

Answer by KendraCagle at 9:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• saltine crackers, gingerale. Same things you would eat when super sick from the flu or 24 hour bug. I would suggest jello but every pregnant mom has different sensitivity factors(smell, taste, texture(in food), sight). GL, hope you feel better soon(might not be until after 3 months and may come back after 6 months, not trying to be mean but just to inform, or you may ever again!)
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It is part of being pregnant. It will end. Eventually.

Answer by louise2 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Ultimately it's different for everyone. With my first I was sick constantly but very sour candies helped me. With this one absolutely nothing worked until I got a prescription for zofran. It doesn't make you sleepy so you can still function & you do get relief from that nauseous feeling. I think the nausea is almost worse than the vomitting. Atleast once you vomit you have a little relief. Some people say ginger tea or ginger ale, saltine crackers, milk, it's a trial & error kind of things which really sucks. I'm sorry girl! I was right there with you. If you find nothing works talk to your DR & they will work with you on a medication that is right for you! Congrats on baby.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 9:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Zofran saved me from hell. Ask you doc about it.
    Anonymous

• The only thing that helped me was Coke. Yes, I said it. I drank a caffeinated, Sugary beverage while pregnant! I know, I should be arrested. Seriously, you might have to try many things before you find what works for you. I tried anything and everything that was suggested. Half a can of coke every morning did the trick and my baby came out just fine. A small amount of caffeine will not hurt you, I promise!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• like earlier anon, I've benefited from taking a generic of zofran during this pregnancy...it just barely went generic so people can actually afford it and it's a level b drug (generally considered safe for pregnancy).

Eating high protein helps too because it takes longer to digest, and for some reason this time, keeping the acid reflux under control has also made a big difference.
    Anonymous

• Get enough sleep. Eating a full meal can help ward off nausea and morning sickness. Don't let yourself get to the point of starving, because that increases the feeling of sickness and nausea. Ginger helps ward off nausea as well. All natural ginger tea is the best, because the warmth helps calm you as well as the ginger. Lemon is said to help as well..

Remember, eat a few small meals and snack. This will help ward off nausea.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• try SeaBands..it a method of accupressure and are sold at your local drug store. I had horrible morning sickness and I was sceptic when someone suggested these to me. Turns out they worked amazingly!
    heyheyhey

Answer by heyheyhey at 11:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2009