Oraquick Rapid HIV Test-Has anyone has this before or given one? If so advice needed.

I got my done recently and the lady didn't use gloves when she did the mouth swab. Does this put me at a risk? I didn't think of it at the time but now I am nervous just thinking about it. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Health

• how would that put you at risk?

Hiv is transmitted by blood or sexual contact only.....not someone's spit.

unless she had a huge gaping wound on her hand and shoved the whole thing in your mouth..i think you're fine.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• No, because hiv and aids is NOT usually transmitted through saliva! Its transmitted through blood, breast milk, and bodily secretions. Tears and saliva as well as mucous or sneezing carries very minute concentration of the virus, the possibilities of contracting hiv via this way is slim. google how is hiv transmitted and pick the link that most jumps out at you.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2009